So, Roberto's progress is great, but very slow! We are still trying to figure out the extent of his nerve damage which can take months. He started physical therapy this week which makes it actually feel better than being in the same position all the time. He graduated to a "non-walking" walking boot late last week which was mainly so that he could start his physical therapy. Due to the nerve damage we have started weekly spine injections to try and calm the nerves down in his leg. It helps for a couple days which allows us all to rest a little. So far they are telling us 3 weeks til they will let him put weight on it as long as he continues to be able to work with his flexibility.
So at the moment we are making several trips over a week to Jackson in addition to my regular ones. Life has been crazy and hectic trying to arrange physical therapy, weekly doctor visits, and the nerve numbing shots and still put in 40+hours a week at work. I think most of the time I run on pure addrenaline.
The following picture is of Roberto's leg 2 weeks after the ones I posted prior. It looks a lot better now but I wanted to show how his healing is coming along.



No comments:
Post a Comment